Regions: Europe Central and Eastern Europe Germany The European Gaming and Betting Association (EGBA) has advised Germany to reconsider plans to enforce the State Treaty on Gambling until a new regulatory framework is developed.The operator association has called for a “fundamental rethink” of how regulations will be enforced, arguing that work on developing a new regulatory framework should be stepped up.EGBA spoke out after the state of Lower Saxony (Niedersachsen) issued the country’s first federal blocking order to a payment service provider in a bid to stop transactions between German gamblers and offshore igaming sites. The unnamed company has been ordered to stop working with operators offering online casino, poker and lottery betting in the market. Niedersachsen has pledged to issue orders to other payment processors as it looks to restrict the market to sports betting, per the State Treaty, which was renewed until June 30, 2021 earlier this year. The Treaty, which has seen legal challenges block its implementation since it was first ratified in 2012, will act as placeholder legislation until Germany’s 16 federal states can finalise a new regulatory model. EGBA said work on creating this new, more effective, framework should be the focus, rather than trying to stamp out activity based on the previous legislation.“Restrictive or prohibitive measures, such as payment blocking measures, are an attempt to create artificial walls around online markets and can be ineffective and detrimental to player protection,” EGBA secretary general, Maarten Haijer, said.Haijer added that trying to limit the options available to players will not stop them seeking out online gaming sites. By restricting consumer choice, he said, punters would be pushed towards unlicensed or unregulated websites, putting them at greater risk of harm.“A much more fundamental rethink is needed in Germany to bring its online gambling policy up to speed to meet the digital realities of the 21st century,” he said. “Right now, the regulatory situation is fragmented and way behind the developments in most other European countries.“To remedy this, the German authorities should establish an attractive and modern online gambling regulation which acknowledges that many Germans play online casino games and ensures they – and all other players – can play within a safe and regulated environment.”Efforts to develop a liberalised regulatory framework for the igaming market appear to be gaining momentum, with an increasing number of states increasingly in favour of opening up the market to all product verticals similar to the recently renewed Schleswig-Holstein model. Legal & compliance EGBA warns against German payment blocking orders AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitter The European Gaming and Betting Association (EGBA) has advised Germany to reconsider plans to enforce the State Treaty on Gambling until a new regulatory framework is developed. 21st June 2019 | By contenteditor Tags: Online Gambling Email Address Subscribe to the iGaming newsletter Topics: Legal & compliance
Uchumi Supermarket Limited (USL.rw) listed on the Rwanda Stock Exchange under the Retail sector has released it’s 2003 annual report.For more information about Uchumi Supermarket Limited (USL.rw) reports, abridged reports, interim earnings results and earnings presentations, visit the Uchumi Supermarket Limited (USL.rw) company page on AfricanFinancials.Document: Uchumi Supermarket Limited (USL.rw) 2003 annual report.Company ProfileUchumi Supermarket Limited is a leading retail group based in Kenya offering customers a wide selection of fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, meat, bread and pastries as well as a range of local merchandise which includes appliances and home decor. The group has 20 stores located in major towns and cities in Kenya; including Nairobi, Karatina, Meru, Eldoret, Kericho, Juja, Mombasa and Kisumu. Uchumi Supermarket Limited also has stores in Uganda and Tanzania, and recently extended its footprint to include Rwanda. The company owns and manages Kasarani Mall Limited, a property management subsidiary. Uchumi Supermarket Limited is listed on the Rwanda Stock Exchange
Houses Shishiodoshi House / Avignon-Clouet Architects Projects “COPY” ShareFacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsappMailOrhttps://www.archdaily.com/117640/shishiodoshi-house-avignon-clouet-architects Clipboard Shishiodoshi House / Avignon-Clouet ArchitectsSave this projectSaveShishiodoshi House / Avignon-Clouet Architects CopyAbout this officeAvignon-Clouet ArchitectsOfficeFollowProductConcrete#TagsProjectsBuilt ProjectsSelected ProjectsResidential ArchitectureHousesDabasHousesRezé3D ModelingFrancePublished on March 09, 2011Cite: “Shishiodoshi House / Avignon-Clouet Architects” 09 Mar 2011. ArchDaily. Accessed 12 Jun 2021.
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Howard Lake | 27 October 2007 | News 20 total views, 1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving. PR (Quickguides)
39 total views, 1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Howard Lake | 15 October 2015 | News Tagged with: christmas mobile sms Text Santa Text Santa asks public to “do your bit in a Christmas knit” ITV’s Text Santa appeal returns on Friday 18 December, and this year’s campaign invites everyone to put on their favourite Christmas knitwear for Text Santa Christmas Jumper Day.This year the campaign is supporting three charities, Macmillan Cancer Support, Make-A-Wish® UK and Save the Children.Fundraising kits can be downloaded now with details of how to involve schools, workplaces, nurseries, universities, colleges and groups of friends.The campaign includes events ranging from London’s largest Santa run to Christmas quizzes at pubs.The official fundraising starts on 1 December (which just happens to be Giving Tuesday, the global campaign to support charities and good causes), and culminates in the big Christmas Jumper Day on 18 December with a three-hour TV spectacular on ITV.Philip Schofield in a Text Santa Christmas jumperLast year Text Santa featured a host of celebrities, including actor George Clooney contributing to Downton Abbey; host Phillip Schofield climbing the Shard; a rap battle between hosts Alesha Dixon and Paddy McGuinness; and live music throughout the evening, as well as special sketches from ITV shows such as Birds of A Feather and Coronation Street.Peter Fincham, ITV’s Director of Television said:“Text Santa is ITV’s annual flagship fundraiser and this year we are asking everyone to join us in showing their support, both in the lead up and on the big day itself, by taking part in fundraising, and wearing a Christmas jumper on the 18th.“With our partners this year in Macmillan Cancer Support, Make-A-Wish, and Save The Children, we are looking forward to making December 18th a big one for ITV – encouraging our viewers to get involved with Christmas Jumper Day, and that evening, broadcasting live with Text Santa for our biggest and best entertainment spectacular yet.”Fifth year for Text SantaThis is the fifth year for Text Santa. So far it has raised over £21 million for UK charities. It first took place in 2011.Corporate partners for Text Santa 2015 include include Papa John’s, Vodafone, Twentieth Century Fox and department store Liberty. AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Advertisement About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving.
Bursaries for IoF North East Fundraising Conference 2019 now available Melanie May | 21 May 2019 | News Advertisement Fundraisers can now apply for a bursary to attend the IoF North East Fundraising Conference.The third North East Fundraising Conference will take place on Monday 23 and Tuesday 24 September at the Crowne Plaza in Newcastle, in partnership with VONNE and the Community Foundation Tyne & Wear and Northumberland, and with headline sponsors KEDA Consulting.This year’s theme is GROW: Grit | Resilience | Opportunities | Wellbeing, with Dr Sue Black delivering the opening plenary on Monday 22 September, and Sergio Petrucci, who co-founded Red Sky Ball events with his wife to raise funds for CHUF, the closing plenary speaker on 23 September.IoF North East have opened applications for a full, or partial, bursary to cover attendance.The deadline for applications is Friday 21 June. Application forms must be sent to Ashley Elliott via [email protected] before that date. A panel will meet to discuss all the applications before notifying everyone of their decision by 10 August 2019.IoF North East also offers an ongoing membership bursary scheme, offering annual membership for £30 to those who have been working in the sector for less than 18 months. Benefits include discounts on training, conferences and other networking events, including a £30 discount on tickets to North East Fundraising Conference 2019. Tagged with: Events Institute of Fundraising North East 314 total views, 5 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis6 315 total views, 6 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis6 About Melanie May Melanie May is a journalist and copywriter specialising in writing both for and about the charity and marketing services sectors since 2001. She can be reached via www.thepurplepim.com.
Occupy ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) held an encampment at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Los Angeles throughout July and August to raise awareness about a list of demands drafted by members of the encampment. Occupy ICE LA’s statement reads in part: “We stand in solidarity with our immigrant, undocumented, migrant, refugee communities, and all victims of state violence. We believe in community safety and taking care of one another. Our goal is to uplift and support the work of the immigration and racial justice organizations that have been in this fight. We call for the abolition of the private prison industry. We call for the abolishment of prisons, immigration detention centers, and the abolishment of ICE.” (More information is available at occupyicela.org.)A weekly vigil is held at a memorial in front of one MDC entrance. On day 50, earlier in August, the American Indian Movement of Southern California hosted the vigil. Several AIM members spoke in solidarity with the encampment, which AIM members were involved in organizing and have since participated in. Speakers from other organizations spoke as well; Workers World Party attended in solidarity.The Black Alliance for Just Immigration has also held events at the MDC in resistance to Trump’s racist immigration policies. BAJI organized a press conference earlier this month demanding the private prison corporation, GEO Group Inc., be shut down. Trump’s immigration policies target Black im/migrants and refugees when the reality is that Black and Brown people are fleeing from U.S.-backed wars and imperialist aggression in Central America.The BAJI press conference denounced the inhumane policies that rip Black im/migrant and refugee families apart at detention centers and through deportations. ICE repression was linked to police targeting Black and Brown communities for mass incarceration and racist state violence.The demands from the encampment resound: No one is illegal on stolen land! Close the detention centers now! Abolish ICE, the police and the Pentagon!FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmailPrintMoreShare thisFacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmailPrintMoreShare this
Reporter murdered in northwestern Mexico’s Sonora state January 11, 2002 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Guerrero state newspaper target of attack News In a letter to Interior Minister Santiago Creel Miranda and Guerrero state (southern Mexico) Governor René Juárez Cisneros, RSF expressed its deep concern over the attack on the offices of the newspaper “Despertar de la Costa”. “We ask you to carry out an in-depth investigation so that this action is not left unpunished,” stated RSF Secretary-General Robert Ménard. The organisation also asked the interior minister to use all means at his disposal to ensure that the newspaper is protected. MexicoAmericas Help by sharing this information According to information collected by RSF, on 31 December 2001, two men attempted to set fire to the offices of the newspaper “Despertar de la Costa”, published in the city of San Jeronimito (Guerrero state, southern Mexico). The two unknown individuals threw flaming objects inside the newspaper’s offices, causing minor damage. Recently, a number of articles had been published in the newspaper on alleged acts of harassment by the military, the police force’s possible role in drug trafficking and the investigations that are continuing in the case of Digna Ochoa, a lawyer and human rights defender assassinated in October. Reports MexicoAmericas Follow the news on Mexico News May 5, 2021 Find out more NSO Group hasn’t kept its promises on human rights, RSF and other NGOs say May 13, 2021 Find out more to go further Organisation Receive email alerts 2011-2020: A study of journalist murders in Latin America confirms the importance of strengthening protection policies News RSF_en April 28, 2021 Find out more
O’Donnell Welcomes Major Enhancement Works for Castletroy Neighbourhood Park Cllr Séighin Ó CeallaighMORE than 18 months after a main road into the village of Castleconnell was damaged, work will begin this summer to ensure it doesn’t collapse.Sinn Féin councillor Séighin Ó Ceallaigh, who asked for a definitive starting date for the work at this Monday’s meeting of Limerick City and County Council, welcomed official confirmation from the local authority.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up He was told that the works associated with the building of this wall should start in July and take up to three weeks to complete.Despite the assurance, Cllr Ó Ceallaigh said he still couldn’t believe that the work will begin this July.“False start dates were given on numerous occasions to myself and other councillors for the area, so I hope that they are telling the truth this time,” the City East representative said.“The excuse now for it taking a year and a half to get an official answer, is that it is a special area of conservation, but why weren’t local representatives told this a year and a half ago?“We are very lucky people weren’t killed from the road collapsing due to the damaged caused, which completely knocked the wall at the side of the road. It is right next to the children’s playground, so it’s amazing that there hasn’t been injury.”He added that the people of Castleconnell deserved more respect than to be fed false start dates.“It’s good to see July in writing so I can tackle this issue once and for all, if this is another false date,” he concluded.Read more politics stories in the Limerick Post Politics section. Print TAGSCllr Séighin Ó CeallaighcouncilLimerick City and County CouncilSinn Fein Limerick Senator has beef with meat industry WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Linkedin Previous articleThe Sons of Southern Ulster head southNext articleHayes the hero as Limerick earn draw after Munster thriller Alan Jacqueshttp://www.limerickpost.ie Advertisement Facebook New parklet changes Catherine Street dining experience Sinn Fein plans for ‘all female’ election candidates are sexist and discriminatory, says male party member snubbed for election run NewsPoliticsAnother starting date for Castleconnell worksBy Alan Jacques – June 2, 2018 2014 Email Twitter Limerick’s O’Connell Street Revitalisation Works to go ahead Call to extend Patrickswell public sewer line
Local News Pinterest WhatsApp WhatsApp ‘We Will Rock You’ Twitter By Odessa American – May 2, 2021 TAGSAphasia Center of West TexasbenefitHorseshoe AmphitheaterQueen Nation Facebook Facebook Twitter Pinterest Previous articlePET OF THE WEEK: SugarNext articlePET OF THE WEEK: Iris Odessa American A virtual and live Queen Nation, a tribute to the music of Queen, benefiting the Aphasia Center of West Texas has been scheduled for May 7 at the Horseshoe Amphitheater, 2514 Arena Trail Midland.Reserved VIP party starts at 6:30 p.m. Main gates and concessions open at 7:30 p.m. The concert starts at 8 p.m.General admission is free.Sponsorships are available. Sponsors receive reserved seats, catered food, host bar, valet parking, and more.For virtual option, party packs are available featuring local snacks, craft beer, and live stream concert access.For party packs or to reserve your spot, visit www.aphasiawtx.org/concert.